Stefan Landrock - Home
Application Design Lead
Role: Design Lead
I am german designer and entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience in web- and application development.
By background is communication design, photography and audio-visual media which I have studied from 1994-2001 at the University of Essen/Folkwang. My artistic work covers a variety of different fields and techniques; photography, videography, audio-visual performance, software and interfaces for controlling digital media in real time.
I have worked for companies such as DER SPIEGEL, Deutsche Telekom and Art Directors Club (ADC). I am also the founder of Salon.io, a website builder tool, that allows artists and photographers to present their work in a new and easy way. I know what it takes to get digital products out the door.
I still deal in Pixels, but I will also play an integral role in a project’s success with clear direction, leadership, guidance, and encouragement.
As a design lead I am able to:
- Guide the design process throughout the project, as well as dig into wires alongside my team.
- Drive client presentations and discussions of my team’s work
- Respectfully decline the status quo and push both clients and colleagues outside their comfort zones.
- Work with producers and client partners to scope project requirements.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
- Use the most common design and prototyping tools.
- 20+ years of digital product design experience, as a serial founder and consultant for agencies and brands in leading roles.
- been awarded for my interactive works, among others I won the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany twice and several Red Dot Awards.
- demonstrated mastery of UI/UX principles, best practices, and common design and tools for animated and interactive environments; Ability to create designs, interactive mockups and mrototypes.
- a portfolio that reflects my strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
- a natural inclination to take the lead and help everyone arrive at a deeper understanding and greater appreciation of the work.
- fluent in translating stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- staying ahead of desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design.
- communication pro, with the ability to deliver compelling design rationales in both client and internal contexts.
- comfortable with ambiguity and client briefs that lead to more questions than answers.
- motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in my role, in the work, and in how we work together as a team.
LinkedIn Profile \ Portfolio URL
- Final Cut
Design tools that I have created
- adc sushi
- Eternal Light